Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No man is an island


There are a lot of blogs out there, so many that I've been thinking hard about a metaphor for how to comprehend it. I like thinking of the blogosphere as a big city, like New York. New York City has a little over 20 million people in the greater metropolitan area. But everyone in New York City lives in a neighborhood, a place where people know your name and say hello. A neighborhood is where we go from being anonymous to living in a community.

There are many folks on the internet who make up my my neighborhood, and to whom I owe a debt of thanks. I haven't met a one of them in person, but we communicate off and on by email, and I am grateful for the support and suggestions they have given to a stranger. I owe them all, and will be including them all in posts in the future. Please check out their sites and support their work.

In no particular order, the first I would like to first recognize is Java. Java creates a free podcast called the Bachelor Pad Radio show. On it, he showcases some great music, including vintage lounge, spy jazz, tiki, exotica, and retro-swing. Some of his musical selections are by modern groups, some by folks who bit the dust a long, long time ago. His most current show includes selections by Henry Mancini, the Moon Rays, Don Tiki, and Lenny Dee. I listen to his shows weekly, and Java does not disappoint. His shows last well over an hour and are full of good stuff.

Java's Bachelor Pad Radio show is at this link,

Check out the rest of his empire here, an article of mine will be in the next issue of Bachelor Pad Magazine. Thanks for giving me a shot.

Cheers everyone - more coming soon.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment